WHAT WE DO
We are a 501(c)3 Nonprofit Organization committed to advocating for improving the quality of life of those suffering with bipolar disorder and depression and their families.
- Temporary housing for family members and caregivers that need to stress down;
- Individual and family support services;
- Peer to Peer support groups.
Our Solution is framed around a comprehensive and holistic approach that address the issues surrounding bipolar disorder
PEER TO PEER SUPPORT GROUP WHAT GUIDES US
- To create a world where mental illness is as accepted and embraced as any chronic illness, and where those affected by the illness are provided with necessary tools and support.
- To advocate for individuals and families by providing resources and support.
- The cardinal principles that will guide are: commitment to work tirelessly to defend the rights of mentally ill, and to advocate for resources that increase the quality of life of those suffering with bipolar disorder, their families, and the caregivers that support them.
- Bipolar disorder has been deemed the most expensive behavioral health care to diagnose and treat. Costing more than twice as much as depression per affected individual;
- Lifetime costs per consumer range from $12,000 for a person with a single manic episode to more than $600,000 for those with multiple episodes;
- Bipolar suicide rate is 50% higher than that of the general population;
- 69% of bipolar patients are misdiagnosed at least 3.5 times;
- Delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis contributes to 50 percent of bipolar consumers abusing alcohol or drugs;
- 37% of bipolar people either don’t know of or ignore the symptoms of the disease;
- 66% of depressed Americans don’t know they are “depressed”.